SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE TOO! is an energetic, colorful, fast-paced musical with zany, loveable characters. The show draws its inspiration from the Emmy Award-winning Saturday morning cartoon series, popular in the 1970's. Far from outmoded, however, SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE TOO! is full of modern lyrics, catchy melodies, upbeat dance sections, and witty banter.
Audiences of all ages will fall in love with Nina, the owner of a fading diner and her wacky friends. Together, this charismatic crew (made up of a friendly waitress, a "regular" at the diner, a chef, and a first-day schoolteacher) tries to brainstorm ways to save their run down diner. As they reject one idea after the next, they remain encouraged by songs from their favorite show, Schoolhouse Rock. Songs like "The Rockin' Medley", "Electricity" and "Dollars". In the end, they realize that the answer was right in front of them all along... the Conjunction Junction Diner is up and running and open for business!
- COOKIE - The chef at the diner. Dreams of cooking for a diner full of people. Imaginative and playful. Loves to recycle things for practical purposes and for fun.
- JULIE - The waitress of the diner. A sweet ingénue. Loves to dance, but she is single so she doesn't have a partner. Thinks that a gimmick might bring in more customers.
- LUCKY - Job applicant at the diner. He is cute and a go-getter. A young, leading man type. Former bank employee, great with numbers. He falls in love with Julie.
- NINA - The co-owner of the diner with her sister. She is very strong, self-assured, and cool. Desperate to come up with a plan to save the diner.
- REBECCA - A "regular" at the diner. She lives in the apartment upstairs and is a big goofball. Silly, fun and energetic, but sometimes absent-minded. Longs to be a country singer.
- TOM - A teacher. Just finished his first day of teaching. Energetic, cheery, and loveable. Always has a hopeful and positive outlook on things.
- December 3rd & 4th: 7:00PM to 9:30PM
- No registration. Please arrive before 8:30 to be seen
- Held at West Ridge Community Center
- All roles available for ages 16 and up
- Small cast. All roles are featured, no ensemble
- Please prepare a song to sing and bring sheet music in the key you plan on singing it in
- Be prepared to dance and read
- There is no pay
- Rehearsals begin the week of December 8th, 2013
- Rehearsals will be Sunday-Thursday, 3-4 days per week
For more information and to view production details and ticket information, click here.