- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (sign up here)
- June 7: 6:00PM - 8:00PM (All Kid roles ages 7 - 14)
- June 7: 8:00PM - 9:30PM (All Adult roles ages 15+)
- June 9: 6:00PM - 8:00PM (All Kid roles ages 7 - 14)
- June 9: 8:00PM - 9:30PM (All Adult roles ages 15+)
- Callbacks - June 18 starting at 11AM
- All roles available for adult and children ages 7 and up
- Please prepare 32 bars of a song to sing and bring sheet music in the key you plan to sing in
- Bring dance shoes. Women: heels preferred. Others: ballet flats preferred
- There may be cold readings
- Billy/Michael should be prepared to do ballet and a tap combination
- Rehearsals begin Monday, August 15th
- Rehearsals held on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday nights 7:00PM - 9:30PM and Sundays 12:30PM - 4:00PM
- All Auditions and Rehearsals held at West Ridge - 636 Ridge Rd in Highland Park
- Additional Rehearsals added in October
A boy who stumbles upon a ballet class and develops a passion for dance. To him, dance is a way to feel whole and free himself from the problems of life. He finds himself stuck between appeasing family and chasing his newfound love.
Age: 9 to 14
Vocal range top: C5
Vocal range bottom: E3
Billy's stoic father. A widowed miner struggling with maintaining a household in lieu of a work strike, he is still deeply scarred by the death of his wife. Billy's dancing initially sends him into a rage but he learns to support his son.
Age: 35 to 55
Vocal range top: Eb4
Vocal range bottom: A2
The ballet teacher's daughter. A bit stand-offish and argumentative, her childhood crush on Billy leads her to constantly discourage him.
Age: 7 to 14
Billy's eccentric grandmother. She is forgetful and a little aloof. Despite her inattention, she harbors a bitter resentment towards her dead abusive husband but has found solace through dance.
Vocal range top: F#4
Vocal range bottom: F#3
Billy's careless and fun-loving best friend. He lives in the realm of expressing oneself, going so far as to commonly dress in women's clothing.
Age: 9 to 14
Vocal range top: B4
Vocal range bottom: A#3
The local ballet teacher who eventually becomes Billy's mentor. Hardened and mouthy, she actually has capacity for caring when she sees promise in Billy. Believes in the power of personal expression through dance.
Age: 30 to 50
Vocal range top: Bb5
Vocal range bottom: Gb3
Billy's brother. A lazy but passionate miner. Hotheaded and scrappy with seemingly no regard of respect for his father, although he shares his disapproval of dance.
Age: 18 to 30
Vocal range top: F4
Miners (Big Davey, George, Lesley, etc...);
Age Adult men and women
Age 30 - 50
Age: 20 - 35
Age: 6 - 12 (under 52")
Age: 7 - 14
Royal Ballet School Members
Age: Adult men and women